Vijayashanthi was a dominant force in the Telugu Film Industry during the late 80’s and early 90’s. She was known for her glamour,realistic action sequences and dances. In fact, she was even given the title ‘Lady Superstar of South Cinema’. In an interview given to a leading Telugu newspaper today, Vijayashanthi made some interesting comments about her acting career. “In 1990 itself, I was being paid a Crore per film. After ‘Karthavyam’, I was paid more than Chiranjeevi and Balakrishna “, she said.
Vijayashanthi went on to say “A reputed national magazine even wrote a story on me, about how I was the highest paid female star. They claimed that my remuneration was next only to Amitabh and Rajinikanth. Isn’t that an achievement?”
This certainly is an achievement in an industry which has traditionally been quite male centric. Vijayashanti is currently leading an active political life as an MP from the TRS party. She will be celebrating her 49th birthday tomorrow (June 24th), so let us wish her a very Happy Birthday.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ala Vaikunthapuramulo team flying to this happening city soon
- Payal Rajput’s RDX Love seals its release date
- Valmiki’s satellite and digital deals details
- Yet another super star raises awareness against cutouts culture
- Ram Charan to resume RRR’s shoot soon
- Gang Leader’s 1st weekend Nizam share; All set to enter 5 Cr club