Iconic dancer and actress Jothilakshmi passed away at her Chennai residence at around 11:40 pm last night. The veteran actress was suffering from illness for the past few days. Many industry personalities extended their condolences to Jothilakshmi’s family.
Jothilakshmi acted in more than 300 movies in all the four languages down south as a dancer in item songs and even played cameos and important roles in several noted films in late 70s and 80s. She shared screen space with the likes of NTR, Krishna and even Vikram.
After getting married, Jothilakshmi bid adieu to films and took to TV serials. She recently made a public appearance at an awards function after several years.
- Sailaja Reddy Alludu recovers 70 percent of it cost in key areas
- Exciting finale set up for Bigg Boss 2
- Ram Charan responds to honor killing incident in Miryalaguda
- Legendary producer reveals his projects with Vijay Devarakonda and NTR
- Kannada hero launches a new political party