Iconic dancer and actress Jothilakshmi passed away at her Chennai residence at around 11:40 pm last night. The veteran actress was suffering from illness for the past few days. Many industry personalities extended their condolences to Jothilakshmi’s family.
Jothilakshmi acted in more than 300 movies in all the four languages down south as a dancer in item songs and even played cameos and important roles in several noted films in late 70s and 80s. She shared screen space with the likes of NTR, Krishna and even Vikram.
After getting married, Jothilakshmi bid adieu to films and took to TV serials. She recently made a public appearance at an awards function after several years.
- Maharshi’s music release date to be announced soon
- Mahesh’s fans eagerly waiting for March 25th
- Poll: Which of these recent biggies disappointed you the most?
- Rashmika opens up about Dear Comrade lip-lock controversy
- RGV reveals how he found his NTR
- Genre of Surya’s next revealed