Music Maestro Ilayaraaja has sent a legal notice to veteran singer SP Balu saying that the singer cannot sing any of Ilayaraaja’s songs during his ongoing concert in the US because he didn’t have permission from the music maestro. For the past few years, Ilayaraaja had taken a strong stance on how his compositions are using by audio labels and singers across the board.
Confirming that he did receive a legal notice, SPB said, “Couple of days back, an attorney representing Shri.Iliaya Raja, sent legal notices to me, Smt.Chithra, Charan, organisers of the concerts in different cities and the managements of all the venues, which says that we are not supposed to perform compositions of Shri.Iliayaraja without his permission, if so, it is breaking the copyright law and have to pay huge financial penalities and face legal action. Let me say, I am ignorant of these legalities.”
As a result, SP Balu informed his fans in the US that his troupe won’t be singing any of Raaja’s songs; however, the concerts will go on as planned in various cities. SP Balu also clarified that even though he performed in various shows across Toronto, Russia, Dubai and India in the recent past, he didn’t get any such legal notice from Ilaiyaraaja until he went to the US.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ala Vaikunthapuramulo team flying to this happening city soon
- Payal Rajput’s RDX Love seals its release date
- Valmiki’s satellite and digital deals details
- Yet another super star raises awareness against cutouts culture
- Ram Charan to resume RRR’s shoot soon
- Gang Leader’s 1st weekend Nizam share; All set to enter 5 Cr club