Karthi, Anushka starrer Bad Boy is gearing up for release on March 22. Directed by Suraaj, the film has been produced by K E Gnanavel Raja and it’s the dubbed version of Alex Pandian, which released in Tamil earlier this year. Last year, there were rumours that Karthi might act in a direct Telugu film. His previous films like Yugaaniki Okkadu, Aawara and Naa Peru Shiva were received well in Telugu, although Malligadu and Saguni bombed at box office.
Talking about his choice of film, in a recent interview, Karthi said, “I’ll always be thankful to the Telugu audience for accepting me. Naa Peru Shiva did well in AP, but Malligadu failed to click. I think I’ll never do a film like Malligadu again because it drains me emotionally as an actor.” Answering a question about when he might act in a direct Telugu film, he said, “I don’t think it makes a difference if I act in a direct Telugu film or not. Most of my films are dubbed here anyway and I have been dubbing on my own. I’ll act in films with universal appeal. That way, there’ll no longer be a boundary between my Tamil or Telugu films.”
In Tamil, Karthi has two films in hand including Venkat Prabhu’s Biriyani and M Rajesh’s All in All Azaghu Raja. Both the films will be dubbed in Telugu later this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Deverakonda tops Google Search trends
- Suresh Babu clarifies Abhiram’s acting debut rumors
- Ranveer’s film is not Shalini Pandey’s debut- Here’s why?
- Leading ladies of World Famous Lovers to be announced in a special way
- Amma Rajyamlo Kadapa Biddalu clears censors, ready for release
- Pawan’s comeback film to be launched on this date