Before and after the release of his cult romantic drama, Arjun Reddy, director Sandeep Reddy Vanga had to face numerous hardships with the censor board and various political and social activists. Not everyone was ready to accept the bold content Arjun Reddy’s story offered.
But Sandeep is confident that he will have more freedom while remaking the film in Hindi. “When I made Arjun Reddy, I wasn’t sure where to draw the line in terms of representation of certain things. I don’t think I’d have to restrict myself when it comes to the Hindi version. I believe I’ll have more freedom in Bollywood. The shock value in the story will work well in Hindi too,” Sandeep said in a recent interview with an English daily.
Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake will go on floors from June. The film will feature a new starlet as the female lead. Ashwin Varde and Murad Khetani will bankroll the movie.
- Nawab’s racy, intense second trailer sets expectations soaring
- Stage set for NOTA’s release
- Anupama Parameswaran’s interesting role in her next
- NTR biopic finds its Savitri
- Megastar Chiranjeevi completes 4 decades in Telugu Cinema