Hero Nani’s rise from hailing from a middle-class family to attaining stardom is inspirational. Incidentally, Nani’s next film is titled Middle Class Abbayi (MCA). In an exclusive interview with a popular Telugu daily, Nani said that his middle-class upbringing reflects in his story selection.
When asked if he would ever act in Bollywood, Nani replied with a firm ‘no’. “I’ll only act in Telugu movies. Actors like SV Rangarao, Nana Patekar, Prakash Raj and Nawazuddin Siddiqui became stalwarts not just because they emote well, but it’s because they had a total command over the language,” Nani explained.
The Natural Star further said that he is fluent in Telugu and that he can own his lines and render them effectively in his language. “Take me to any other film industry and they will be wondering why Telugu audiences love me so much,” Nani quipped.
- Devadas to be the biggest ever US release for Nag & Nani
- Interview : Nagarjuna – My chemistry with Nani will be the highlight of Deva Das
- Mixed response helps star hero’s son
- Amar Akbar Anthony’s intriguing pivot raises curiosity
- For the first time, Mythri Movie Makers to bankroll a low budget film