Maverick filmmaker Shankar is known for spending lavishly to shoot the action sequences and songs in all his films. In fact, some of the sets that are put up in his films cost as much as a medium-budget film, and he pushed the limit even further for 2.0, which was his most expensive film till date.
Incidentally, the director is leaving no stone unturned even for his upcoming social drama, Indian 2. The film stars Kamal Haasan in a lead role and he’ll be seen playing a 90 year old. The director has planned to shoot an action sequence in Bhopal, along with Kamal Haasan and few other actors, under the supervision of Peter Hein. Reports suggest that the whole action sequence alone is going to cost around Rs 40 crores, which is almost equal to the production cost of a big budget film! It remains to be seen how this action sequence is going to turn out on big screen.
The film also has Siddharth and Rakul Preet playing crucial roles, along with Kajal Aggarwal. Ratnavelu is the cinematographer. More details about the film are awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Highlights from George Reddy
- Thalapathy64 to be wrapped up by Feb
- YS Jagan was a big fan of this top Tollywood hero
- Title and first look of Vikram’s next to be out on this day?
- Allu Arjun rings in daughter’s birthday in Dubai
- Krishnam Raju’s latest update on his health