Often, Indian films are criticized by the Western audience for being cliche-ridden melodramatic spectacles full of songs and dances. Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar made some striking comments about the global perception of Indian Cinema during his recent interaction with a leading media agency.
Karan said, “India cinema is a victim of misconceptions on the global stage. I feel very sad when I still see people across the globe having this misconception about Indian cinema that it is all about song and dance. This stereotypical view about our films can only be changed when we go out and tell people that we have much more to offer in terms of storytelling and content than just actors dancing around trees.”
Karan sees a huge hope in Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan. “The way Aamir Khan’s films have been performing in China proves that we can make a huge mark globally. But only dialogue initiated by our filmmakers and actors can bring about this change. To make their cinema visible globally filmmakers and actors have to get up and do things on their own,” Karan said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tenali Ramakrishna BA BL’s special premieres in 4 cities
- Bigg Boss winner but no big offers
- Mahesh Babu not bothered about Sankranthi competition
- Change of plan for KGF director
- Here a juicy update from Bunny’s Ala Vaikunthapuramlo
- Rashmi to shock everyone in her maiden web series?