In 2016, Malayalam star Mohanlal had made an announcement regarding an ambitious magnum opus on the epic Mahabharata. The film was supposed to be made with a massive Rs 1,000 crore budget. UAE businessman BE Shetty was supposed to bankroll the project.
However, in a latest interview with a national news daily, BR Shetty has confirmed that Mahabharata has been shelved due to differences between the film’s director Shree Kumar Menon and acclaimed Malayalam author MT Vasudevan Nair. The film was based on MT Vasudevan Nair’s prominent novel, Randamoozham.
Despite the setback, BR Shetty is hopeful of making this epic extravaganza if he finds the right screenplay writer someday.
Articles that might interest you:
- From years to hours: RGV’s sensational comments on his relationships
- Latest-Pushpa 2 to be shot in one of the biggest countries?
- Pic Talk: RRR beauty goes ultra bold
- Rashmika Mandanna to pair with Nithiin again?
- Release dates war to re-start in Tollywood once again?
- Poll : With which hero should Prabhas do a multistarrer?