Around a month ago, a multilingual film titled The Mahabharata, starring Malayalam superstar Mohanlal as the central character, was announced. Touted as India’s most expensive film till date, The Mahabharata will be made with a budget of a whopping 1,000 crore.
According to the latest updates, The Mahabharata’s shooting will flag off in Abu Dhabi sometime next year. The entire team is currently prepping for the mammoth project. VA Shrikumar will direct this mythological drama and Indian business tycoon BR Shetty will bankroll the project.
This magnum opus is based on MT Vasudevan Nair’s epic novel Randamoozham.
- Simbu lands in trouble yet again
- Second trailer for Mani Ratnam’s Nawab to be out soon
- Devadas’ trailer assures a laugh riot in theaters
- Star director unveils title poster for Jayalalithaa biopic
- Saaho star blessed with a baby girl