Around a month ago, a multilingual film titled The Mahabharata, starring Malayalam superstar Mohanlal as the central character, was announced. Touted as India’s most expensive film till date, The Mahabharata will be made with a budget of a whopping 1,000 crore.
According to the latest updates, The Mahabharata’s shooting will flag off in Abu Dhabi sometime next year. The entire team is currently prepping for the mammoth project. VA Shrikumar will direct this mythological drama and Indian business tycoon BR Shetty will bankroll the project.
This magnum opus is based on MT Vasudevan Nair’s epic novel Randamoozham.
Articles that might interest you:
- Venky Mama gets a release date?
- Solid third weekend for Maharshi in Nizam
- Music directors confirm walking out of Saaho
- Priyadarshi’s Mallesham gets a release date
- Sharwanand’s next with this director?
- Star hero’s father passes away