Around a month ago, a multilingual film titled The Mahabharata, starring Malayalam superstar Mohanlal as the central character, was announced. Touted as India’s most expensive film till date, The Mahabharata will be made with a budget of a whopping 1,000 crore.
According to the latest updates, The Mahabharata’s shooting will flag off in Abu Dhabi sometime next year. The entire team is currently prepping for the mammoth project. VA Shrikumar will direct this mythological drama and Indian business tycoon BR Shetty will bankroll the project.
This magnum opus is based on MT Vasudevan Nair’s epic novel Randamoozham.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ashwathama’s special announcement tomorrow
- Trailer of Karthi’s Donga has a Mahesh Babu connection
- Poll : Which of these songs from Sarileru Neekevvaru impressed you the most?
- Noted heroine announces her separation
- Mahesh and Vijay are the only South heroes to achieve this feat
- Deepika stuns in the trailer of Chhapaak