It’s well known that legendary Tamil filmmaker Mani Ratnam is foraying into the digital world with a 9-episode web-series, titled Navarasa, for a leading OTT platform. While Mani will be writing and directing one episode, he has roped in 8 other directors to helm 8 more short films.
As per the latest update, Mani has signed on popular directors such as Gautham Menon, KV Anand, Karthick Naren, Rathindran Prasad, Ponram and Bejoy Nambiar. Interestingly, popular actors Aravind Swami and Siddharth will be making their directorial debut by directing a film each in Navarasa.
Coming to the cast, celebrated actors like Suriya, Vijay Sethupathi, and Arvind Swami will be playing the main leads in different segments of this anthology film. Also, Journey fame Jai and noted actress Sneha have also been roped in to play lead roles in a segment. Acclaimed Mollywood actress Parvathy Thiruvothu and Siddarth will play the leads in Rathindran’s film and Dulquer Salmaan will be the main lead in Ponram’s episode.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Sethupathi in Pushpa 2
- World’s first non-linear single-shot film to release on this date
- Ram Charan’s career best look for RC15
- Dhanush’s Captain Miller announcement breaks Kollywood records
- Arjun Das thanks Thalapathy Vijay and Lokesh – Deets inside
- Official: Krishna Vamsi to make a high-budget OTT movie