Karthi is one hero who had a decent market in Telugu. Some of his previous films took good openings but that is not the case anymore. The latest example is Karthi’s latest film Chinna Babu.
Right from the day the project was announced in Telugu, there was not much buzz for the film. There were not many promotions from the makers and the success of Karthi’s last film Khaki did not help to create a positive buzz for Chinna Babu.
Now, the situation is such that even though Chinna Babu has a decent talk in the B and C centers, the collections are very dull in most parts. The scene is such that a film like RX100 with all newcomers is doing way better than Chinna Babu.
To repair things, Karthi has sprung into action and is touring theaters in both Telugu states but the collections look bleak and have not improved much in the weekdays.
All this clearly indicate that Karthi is slowly losing his grip on Tollywood. All he needs to do is to sit with his core team and plan things in a better way for his Telugu audience.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun promotes ‘Buy Indian’ campaign
- Exclusive Interview : Suma- Positive attitude has kept me going all these years
- Good Luck Sakhi’s teaser: A chirpy tribal girl’s rise to national glory
- Sanjay Dutt to complete dubbing for Sadak 2 before treatment
- Lost many opportunities due to favoritism: Anasuya
- Interesting backdrop for Krish’s film with Rakul and Vaishnav Tej