Around a month ago, there were reports that star heroine Anushka had walked out of Mani Ratnam ambitious historic magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. The reports further speculated that Anushka exited the project after Mani had roped in in the #MeToo accused Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu to pen all the songs in the film. Anushka was hailed by her fans for taking an important stand on the issue.
However, the latest statement by Anushka in a media interaction tells a different picture behind Anushka’s exit from Ponniyin Selvan. Anushka said that she is tired of big budget historicals and costume dramas which require her to don heavy costumes, apply makeup for several hours and even learn martial arts and stunts and finally shoot in challenging conditions.
Anushka was offered a similar role by Mani Ratnam in Ponniyin Selvan. Is this a major factor that prompted Anushka to decline the offer? Only Anushka can unearth the mystery.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anand Deverakonda in a psycho crime thriller
- Paayal Rajput overcomes her fear, gets vaccinated
- Covid 2nd wave: Team RRR send out an appeal to the nation
- Fans commence Chiranjeevi’s birthday celebrations 100 days in advance
- Anil Ravipudi gives an update on F3’s release
- Suspense on Mahesh-Trivikram film’s title to end soon