Around a month ago, there were reports that star heroine Anushka had walked out of Mani Ratnam ambitious historic magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. The reports further speculated that Anushka exited the project after Mani had roped in in the #MeToo accused Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu to pen all the songs in the film. Anushka was hailed by her fans for taking an important stand on the issue.
However, the latest statement by Anushka in a media interaction tells a different picture behind Anushka’s exit from Ponniyin Selvan. Anushka said that she is tired of big budget historicals and costume dramas which require her to don heavy costumes, apply makeup for several hours and even learn martial arts and stunts and finally shoot in challenging conditions.
Anushka was offered a similar role by Mani Ratnam in Ponniyin Selvan. Is this a major factor that prompted Anushka to decline the offer? Only Anushka can unearth the mystery.
Articles that might interest you:
- Dil Bechara’s trailer clocks 20M views already
- Manchu Vishnu gets his son engaged in his film Mosagallu
- This actor is still under consideration for Allu Arjun’s Pushpa?
- What happened to Rajinikanth-Kamal Haasan’s project?
- Special picture: Rana’s fiancee Miheeka displays her wedding jootis
- Fresh buzz on Balayya-Boyapati’s film