Ever since Nani’s silver jubilee film, V, was postponed from its Ugadi release due to the lockdown, there have been numerous speculations about the film’s direct release on a leading OTT platform. However, V’s producer Dil Raju never evinced a keen interest on the OTT premiere for V. Instead, he decided to wait until theaters reopen in August or September.
And here’s the main reason behind Dil Raju’s reluctance to skip the traditional theatrical release for V. Apparently, the hotshot producer felt that releasing V directly on a digital platform will send wrong signals in the industry, especially since he is also a leading distributor cum exhibitor. Dil Raju wants to assure the distributors and exhibitors that better days are ahead soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Gopichand Malineni offered to remake Krack in Bollywood
- Shahid-Vijay Sethupathi’s web series gets a title
- Official: Rajinikanth’s Annaatthe seals a festive release
- Ravi Teja’s fun times ‘in his world’; Posts a pre-workout video
- Here’s the title for Sai Tej, Deva Katta’s film
- Review : The White Tiger – Hindi Film on Netflix