Tamil star Vijay’s Master was supposed to release in April second week. However, the film’s release has been delayed until now due to the lockdown and the rising COVID-19 cases.
Even though the central government recently allowed cinema halls to reopen from October 15, neither the state government nor the exhibitors in Tamil Nadu seem to be in a hurry to reopen theaters this year.
If that happens and theaters don’t reopen in 2020, Vijay will be setting an unexpected record in his 28-year-old career as a hero. Vijay had made his hero debut with the film Naalaiya Theerpu in 1992.
Since then, there has not been a single year in which a Vijay film didn’t get a theatrical release. If cinemas across Tamil Nadu do not reopen by Diwali, Vijay fans will have to wait until Pongal, 2021, to watch Master.
Articles that might interest you:
- RRR’s release date announcement on the way?
- Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha postponed; Here’s the new release date
- Pawan’s Republic speech: Film Chamber thanks AP, TS govts
- Photo Moment: Prabhas poses with his extended family
- Akhanda locks Sankranthi release?
- I will give you a heartfelt response after MAA elections: Mohan Babu tells Pawan Kalyan