Tamil star Vijay’s Master was supposed to release in April second week. However, the film’s release has been delayed until now due to the lockdown and the rising COVID-19 cases.
Even though the central government recently allowed cinema halls to reopen from October 15, neither the state government nor the exhibitors in Tamil Nadu seem to be in a hurry to reopen theaters this year.
If that happens and theaters don’t reopen in 2020, Vijay will be setting an unexpected record in his 28-year-old career as a hero. Vijay had made his hero debut with the film Naalaiya Theerpu in 1992.
Since then, there has not been a single year in which a Vijay film didn’t get a theatrical release. If cinemas across Tamil Nadu do not reopen by Diwali, Vijay fans will have to wait until Pongal, 2021, to watch Master.
Articles that might interest you:
- Venkatesh’s change of plans leaves F3 in distress
- Shahrukh Khan announces a new project
- Poll : Which of these upcoming OTT releases are you looking forward to?
- Chandni Chowdary not the first choice for Color Photo
- Crucial changes done to Acharya’s second half?
- Rajinikanth clears reports about his political and health issues