Isha Koppikar, who’ll soon be seen in Keshava, confessed that she’s keen on acting in more South Indian films in near future. The actress, who made her Telugu debut with Chandralekha back in 1998, has largely focused on her career in Hindi, but it looks like Keshava has changed her mind.
“I was quite surprised when I got a call from Sudheer Varma who wanted me to cast as a cop in Keshava. I had a fabulous time working with the team. I play a very important role in the film. Any male actor could have done my role, but I was pleased when Sudheer said that my presence will make a big difference to the film,” Isha said in a recent interview.
When asked why she hadn’t acted in Telugu films after Prematho Raa, she said, “I had just begun my career when Chandralekha happened to me and then I got busy with my Hindi films. Frankly, I don’t know why I stayed away for so long. Now that I’ve done Keshava, I’m looking forward to act in more South Indian films. Besides, I love Hyderabad, and I’m eager to do more Telugu films,” she added.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi finalizes his next project after Acharya
- Prabhas to launch Ali’s debut production Andaru Bagundali Andulo Nenundali’s first single
- Exclusive Interview : Havish- I will have three releases per year from now on
- Pawan Kalyan and Rana’s AK remake up for Sankranthi release?
- Jeevitha Rajasekhar puts up her film nagar property for sale?
- Jr NTR joins Ram Charan on sets of RRR