With just a couple of weeks left for the film’s grand release, several members of a fringe political group in Karnataka have intensified their protests demanding to boycott Baahubali The Conclusion’s release in the state.
The reason behind these protests was a few allegedly harsh statements made by veteran actor Satyaraj over the Cauvery River issue almost 9 years ago. The protestors warned that they will not allow the movie’s release unless Satyaraj apologizes to Kannadigas for his statements.
In his recent promotional interview to a popular Bollywood media house, Rajamouli termed the protests “very sad” as Satyaraj had made those comments 9 years ago and that at least 25 of the actor’s films might have released over these years and targeting Baahubali was unjustified. Rajamouli also said that freedom of expression is a fundamental right and that it has to be respected.
- Star actress trashes rumours about her career in Telugu
- RGV’s production Bhairava Geetha gets a new release date
- Dubbing union terminates Chinmayi’s membership
- Dear Comrade to be quite realistic like Arjun Reddy
- Nandamuri hero’s next is a Telugu-Kannada bilingual