With just a couple of weeks left for the film’s grand release, several members of a fringe political group in Karnataka have intensified their protests demanding to boycott Baahubali The Conclusion’s release in the state.
The reason behind these protests was a few allegedly harsh statements made by veteran actor Satyaraj over the Cauvery River issue almost 9 years ago. The protestors warned that they will not allow the movie’s release unless Satyaraj apologizes to Kannadigas for his statements.
In his recent promotional interview to a popular Bollywood media house, Rajamouli termed the protests “very sad” as Satyaraj had made those comments 9 years ago and that at least 25 of the actor’s films might have released over these years and targeting Baahubali was unjustified. Rajamouli also said that freedom of expression is a fundamental right and that it has to be respected.
Articles that might interest you:
- AA20’s emotional drama to be on par with Rangasthalam?
- Debated whether or not to release RRR’s motion posters in these times: Rajamouli
- Anushka and Samantha in race for the prestigious biopic?
- RRR’s Bheem For Ramaraju teaser sets a Tollywood record
- Nani, Samantha and Mallesham win top honors at CCFA Awards
- The man makes me proud: Twinkle on Akshay Kumar’s 25 Cr donation