A lot was expected from Sharwanand and Samantha’s Jaanu, the official remake of the acclaimed Tamil romantic drama, 96. The Vijay Sethupathi and Trisha-starrer Tamil version was a huge hit when it released a couple of years ago, and Jaanu was expected to repeat the same result.
However, even though the film opened to decent reviews and was hailed as a class film, the box-office collections so far have been disappointing. In the US especially, Jaanu has disappointed the trade circles big-time. The film collected $34,168 from the premieres on Thursday and another $34,391 on Friday.
With Saturday’s $52,869, Jaanu’s updated US gross is a mere $122K. The film’s US distribution rights were sold for Rs 1.75 crore. It remains to be seen if the film will pick up some pace on Sunday and in the coming week. This Prem Kumar directorial was produced by Dil Raju.
Articles that might interest you:
- Details regarding the Tamil remake of Andhadhun
- Bigg Boss 4: Nagarjuna’s touching tribute to SP Balasubrahmanyam
- Balayya’s next locked?
- Ram to keep RED aside; Gearing up to announce his next?
- Prabhas, the first South Indian hero to enter a rare league
- Noted streaming channel to bailout Gopichand’s long delayed film?