A year ago, the entire state of Tamil Nadu witnessed massive protests to save the age-old practise of Jallikattu after the Supreme Court banned it citing reasons that bulls are harmed and several people lose their lives. Throughout the month of January, 2017, after no consensus was reached on whether to organise the event in certain areas in Tamil Nadu or not, it sparked a revolution of sorts with millions of people thronging to Marina Beach, Chennai to voice their concern.
Now, a year later, the Marina Beach protests have become the subject of an upcoming Tamil film titled “Marina Puratchi”. Directed by M S Raj, the film has been produced by Pandiraj, who had earlier helmed films like Pasanga and Pasanga 2. The film will primarily focus on the revolution which was meant to protect tradition.
Soon after the first poster of the film was released, several Tamil film celebrities came out in support of the film. The trailer is going to release soon. More details about this interesting project are awaited.
— Sivakarthikeyan (@Siva_Kartikeyan) January 8, 2018
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabbhas to be seen in this role in Nag Ashwin’s film?
- Poll : In which genre should Prabhas-Nag Ashwin film be made in?
- Mahesh, Vamshi Paidipally film is not shelved?
- Balayya-Boyapati film to kick-start on this date
- Samantha reveals her best moment in these last ten years
- Raashi Khanna starts filming for much-awaited sequel