For the last few months, there has been a lot of buzz around the Hindi remake of the cult Telugu romantic drama, Arjun Reddy. This Vijay Deverakonda and Shalini Pandey-starrer was directed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga, who is all set to helm the film’s Hindi remake.
It’s been reported already that Bollywood star Shahid Kapoor will reprise Vijay Deverakonda in Arjun Reddy’s Hindi version. On the other hand, the makers have roped in young Bollywood starlet Tara Sutaria as the female lead in this much-awaited remake.
And here’s an exciting buzz. According to the latest buzz in Bollywood tabloids, Sridevi’s daughter Janhvi Kapoor was the first choice for the leading lady’s role in Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake.
However, Janhvi’s mentor and hotshot Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar had advised Janhvi not to sign the film as he felt that it’s too early for her to portray such intense characters so early in her career. Apparently, it was Karan who also suggested Tara Sutaria’s name for the heroine’s role.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mohan Babu in and as Son of India
- Poll : Which of these recent Hindi OTT releases impressed you?
- Lockdown Review : Metro Kathalu – Telugu film on AHA
- Sri Hari’s son signs a film with noted director’s son
- Allu Arjun promotes ‘Buy Indian’ campaign
- Exclusive Interview : Suma- Positive attitude has kept me going all these years