Taapsee is basking in the glory of all the accolades that are coming her way for her outstanding performance in Thappad. Directed by Anubhav Sinha, the film focuses on how a slap breaks apart a woman’s life, and explores the consequences of such an act.
Apart from critics, several actors like Ayyushman Khurana praised the film saying that it’s the most important film of our generation. But it’s acclaimed writer and lyricist, Javed Akthar’s comments after watching the film which left both Taapsee and Anubhav Sinha speechless. Calling Thappad a milestone in Indian cinema, Javed Akthar said, “Today I saw one of the most sensitive , sensible and socially relevant film of recent times Thappad is an extremely well told and well performed movie . My congratulations to the writers director performers and the whole crew for this Mile stone of Indian cinema.”
Taapsee was so stunned after reading Javed’s tweet that she called it a mic drop moment because it doesn’t get better than the statement made by Javed Akthar. Anubhav Sinha too stated that he can retire from films now after reading the acclaimed writer’s comments about his film.
Meanwhile, the film opened on a dull note on the first day of its release, however, analysts say that it is likely to pick up during the weekend at the box office.
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) February 28, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Mega hero heads to multiplex; Urges audiences to celebrate cinema
- Cute video: Here’s how Samantha lost her personal space 2 years ago
- Saif Ali Khan makes an exciting revelation on Adipurush
- Allu Arjun wraps up a flight and a song for Pushpa
- Mahesh Babu’s special message as AMB Cinemas reopens today
- Rajinikanth has always been in politics: Pawan Kalyan