Last year, the #MeToo movement had rattled the film industries across the country. Several prominent celebs were called out for abusing their colleagues. However, things hardly changed since then, and this bitter truth is upsetting many in the showbiz, especially female actors.
In a latest interview, popular Kannada actress Shraddha Srinath, who’s making her Tollywood debut with Nani’s Jersey, expressed her anguish over the sad state of affairs in the film industry despite the strong #MeToo movement. “I still see the same kind of songs being shot. I still see the same kind of lewd lyrics being written,” said Shraddha.
However, she is hopeful that change will surely happen someday. “It is an ongoing
change, it won’t happen overnight. It will take a lot of time. It will take years and a lot of effort,” Shraddha said, further adding that she has also worked with male actors who were thorough professionals.
Articles that might interest you:
- RRR release date: Vakeel Saab producer’s startling comments on Rajamouli
- KGF 2 makers’ staggering quote for Nizam rights?
- Ravi Teja’s heroine to land in Bollywood
- Noted Bollywood filmmaker announces his next
- Krack success- Ravi Teja hikes his fee
- Bigg Boss 4 celebs struggling for offers