Shraddha Srinath, who made her Telugu film debut with Jersey, will soon be seen in Nerkonda Paarvai, the Tamil remake of Pink, which also stars Ajith. She will be reprising Taapsee’s role in the remake, and H Vinoth has directed it. The film, she says, is releasing at an important time when there’s a lot of debate about consent, sexual harassment, and women empowerment.
Speaking about the relevance of the film and why women need to talk about sexual harassment on a daily basis, Shraddha said, “One film can’t bring in a revolution or suddenly school all men. One movement like #MeToo also didn’t change much. Despite so many voices, men who were accused came out clean. Just like how climate change has to be spoken about every day and people have to be educated daily, even this has to be a mass movement. Women safety, sexual abuse, and harassment… all of these have to be spoken about on a daily basis, even if women are targeted.”
The actress is also all praise for Ajith, who, she says, is extremely grounded and humble. “He made everyone in the film feel comfortable. It was a pleasure working with a big star, and I’ve a strong feeling that this film will take me to the next level in my career.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Kajal Aggarwal’s item song again?
- Anand Deverakonda’s new project
- Prabhas’ latest statement on marriage leads to fresh speculations
- NTR, Kalyan Ram bond with Chandrababu at Harikrishna’s death anniversary
- All eyes on Saaho’s grand pre-release event tonight
- iSmart Shankar girl Nabha Natesh in talks for two projects