Rajinikanth’s Kaala was released with much hype and hungama and it opened to some mixed reviews in Telugu. The film was produced by Dhanush and though the film had great reviews in Tamil, the media in Tamil Nadu slammed the film saying that Kaala ended giving some tough times to all the distributors who bought the film for hefty prices.
In a statement made from his banner’s Twitter handle, producer Dhanush says that Kaala is a profitable venture and all those articles saying that the film is a flop are untrue.
Kaala was directed by Pa Ranjith and also had Nana Patekar as the main villain.
We would like to dispel rumours run in few articles on #Kaala. Contrary to it, #Kaala is a successful and profitable project for Wunderbar Films and we thank Superstar for the opportunity given to us. We also thank the audience for the positive response given to the film. pic.twitter.com/sJTCpx6NJh
— Wunderbar Films (@wunderbarfilms) July 7, 2018
- Kaala, Kabali director Pa Ranjith to debut in Bollywood
- Yesteryear heroine’s daughter in Amar Akbar Anthony
- Simbu urges fans to not get emotional about his film’s release
- Chay-Samantha’s Majili to be shot in Vizag
- Exciting buzz on Vijay-Atlee film