After much deliberation, the makers of Super Star Rajinikanth’s forthcoming release, Kaala, announced sometime back that the movie will be hitting the screens on April 27. However, as per the latest updates coming in from Kollywood, Kaala has been postponed to May.
The reason behind this sudden change is the ongoing film industry strike by the Tamil Film Producer’s Council (TFPC). Apparently, Kaala’s distributors at Lyca Productions have obliged TFPC’s request to push the film’s release at least by a month to accommodate other movies that are affected due to the strike. An official announcement regarding the film’s exact release date will be made soon.
Kaala is directed by Kabali fame Pa Ranjith. Rajini’s son-in-law and Tamil star Dhanush has produced the movie. The film features several popular Tamil, Telugu and Bollywood actors.
Articles that might interest you:
- Oh! Baby’s writer dedicates his success to mom and grandma
- Puri reveals how he cast Ram in Ismart Shankar
- NVNN and Dorasani’s latest US collections
- Opening weekend collection of Super 30
- Dil Raju to present Keerthy, Aadhi Pinisetty’s sports romedy
- Interview : Puri Jagan- I am desperately in need of a hit film