Starting from his debut with Attakathi in 2012, filmmaker Pa Ranjith has been interlacing subtle Dalit references in his work. Ranjith’s subsequent films, Madras and Super Star Rajinikanth’s latest film Kabali, too had some Dalit references and it became a talking point in the media.
In his latest interview, Ranjith revealed that he discusses social inequality in his films as he was deeply affected by the caste-based inequalities since his childhood. Ranjith also said that he doesn’t want to be portrayed as a Dalit filmmaker and said that he would have fought against social injustice even if he wasn’t born in an oppressed community.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nikhil to do a Nani in 18 Pages?
- Vishnu Manchu’s only advice to Manoj after divorce
- Salman shows his big heart silently; To help 25,000 cine workers
- Is Maruthi planning a spin-off to BBM & Mahanubhavudu
- Chiru, Nag & young Mega heroes’ song on Coronavirus goes viral
- Pawan, Mahesh were the first choice for this upcoming film