Released amid sky-high expectations on Friday, Super Star Rajinikanth’s intense gangster drama, Kabali, received flak for its lethargic and uninspiring screenplay without the quintessential Rajini brand mass elements.
Many even termed Kabali a wasted opportunity for its director Pa Ranjith, who surprised everyone when he grabbed the once in a lifetime opportunity to direct Rajinikanth last year.
A day after Kabali’s release, the young director reacted to the negative criticism Kabali in an extended interview to a leading English news daily. Ranjith said that Rajini himself was happy after watching Kabali and told him “it is not a usual Rajini film”. The director adds saying that Rajini asked him not to worry about the film saying that “will love it”.
Ranjith further said that takes both negative and positive reactions dispassionately and continue to make movies that will carry social responsibility.
Articles that might interest you:
- Indian 2: Shankar to spend a bomb for an action sequence
- Popular actor opts out of Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan
- Mahesh vs Bunny Sankranthi clash- Fight getting serious
- Prabhas’s actor friends to fly London for special bash
- Hilarious title for Dil Raju-Krish’s maiden production
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?