Released on June 21, Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake Kabir Singh collected a whopping Rs 27.26 crore nett on its first Sunday. This was the highest ever first Sunday collection by any Bollywood film. But exactly 2 months later, Kabir Singh’s record has been beaten by Akshay Kumar’s Mission Mangal.
Yesterday, on its first Sunday, Mission Mangal collected a solid Rs 27.51 crore nett, surpassing Kabir Singh’s record by a margin of Rs 25 lakhs. Mission Mangal also entered the Rs 100 crore club on Monday, and looks to perform well during the weekdays.
Directed by debutant Jagan Shakti, Mission Mangal also features Vidya Balan, Sharman Joshi, Sonakshi Sinha, Taapsee, Kriti and Nithya Menen in lead roles.
Articles that might interest you:
- Madan Karky reveals interesting details about RRR
- Pawan’s political breaks irks producers
- Mahesh-Vamsi Paidipally film doubtful-Deets inside?
- Poll : Who among these two should romance NTR in Trivikram film?
- Whopping budget for Vishnu Manchu’s mythological magnum opus
- Teja’s two new projects revealed on his birthday