Released on June 21, Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake Kabir Singh collected a whopping Rs 27.26 crore nett on its first Sunday. This was the highest ever first Sunday collection by any Bollywood film. But exactly 2 months later, Kabir Singh’s record has been beaten by Akshay Kumar’s Mission Mangal.
Yesterday, on its first Sunday, Mission Mangal collected a solid Rs 27.51 crore nett, surpassing Kabir Singh’s record by a margin of Rs 25 lakhs. Mission Mangal also entered the Rs 100 crore club on Monday, and looks to perform well during the weekdays.
Directed by debutant Jagan Shakti, Mission Mangal also features Vidya Balan, Sharman Joshi, Sonakshi Sinha, Taapsee, Kriti and Nithya Menen in lead roles.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nani pushes Corona scare aside- Joins shoot
- Young hero signs the noted Malayalam remake
- Rajamouli keeps his promise to NTR fans
- Bigg Boss 4 – This contestant becomes the new house captain
- Kangana Ranaut summoned by the Mumbai police
- Ramoji Rao donates big for Hyderabad flood victims