The Madras High Court has restrained a major coconut oil company named VVD & Sons, a hair oil company, from airing a promotional video featuring star heroine Kajal Aggarwal until further notice for the next three months. In July, Kajal moved the Madras HC, seeking Rs. 2.50 crore towards damages for alleged copyright infringement by VVD & Sons.
In 2008, Kajal agreed to be the brand ambassador of VVD & Sons and even shot for a TV commercial. However, the company had been using the ad film in subsequent years without renewing Kajal’s contract.
It may be noted that a court in Chennai had dismissed Kajal’s plea in July. The court stated that an absolute owner of the copyright of a commercial film has every right to use the material for 60 years as per the Copyright Act.
Articles that might interest you:
- Megastar’s back-to-back plans for Lucifer and Vedalam remakes
- Allu Arjun, Team Pushpa shooting without holidays
- Master takes Vijay Sethupathi’s craze higher in Telugu states
- Media’s constant questions to Ram about this topic
- Priya Prakash Varrier surprises with her first ‘mass’ song Ladi Ladi
- Popular producer turns exhibitor with a 2-screen miniplex