The Madras High Court has restrained a major coconut oil company named VVD & Sons, a hair oil company, from airing a promotional video featuring star heroine Kajal Aggarwal until further notice for the next three months. In July, Kajal moved the Madras HC, seeking Rs. 2.50 crore towards damages for alleged copyright infringement by VVD & Sons.
In 2008, Kajal agreed to be the brand ambassador of VVD & Sons and even shot for a TV commercial. However, the company had been using the ad film in subsequent years without renewing Kajal’s contract.
It may be noted that a court in Chennai had dismissed Kajal’s plea in July. The court stated that an absolute owner of the copyright of a commercial film has every right to use the material for 60 years as per the Copyright Act.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika not interested in this happening remake?
- Mega hero does not want to be image bound
- Venu Sriram gets his new film okayed
- One more Hindi biggie to be out on Amazon soon
- Confirmed- Mahesh to romance two heroines in Trivikram film
- Bellamkonda Suresh buys rights of Hindi blockbuster?