After a gap of nearly 20 years, Kajol is all set to make her comeback in Tamil cinema with VIP2. Directed by Soundarya Rajinikanth, the film has Dhanush and Amala Paul playing lead roles, whereas Kajol will be seen in a negative role.
Back in the 90s, Kajol had acted in Merupu Kalalu; however, she went on to focus more on her Hindi career. Talking about what took her so long to come back to Tamil cinema, Kajol said, “I am not too comfortable to act in films if I don’t know the language. With VIP2, after Dhanush and Soundarya convinced me to be part of the film, it took me nearly 3 days to get comfortable on the sets. And everyday, I had to sit for two hours with an assistant director to work on my lines.”
The actress confessed that she could pick up Tamil language and she is eager to act on more Tamil and Telugu films, if she gets good roles. For now, she’s focusing on her home production which will hit the screens later this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star comedian’s mother passes away
- Here is the latest update on Bigg Boss 3
- Poll : Which Bollywood hero should remake Jersey in Hindi?
- Interesting gossip about Sushanth’s role in Allu Arjun film
- Runtime locked for Ram’s Ismart Shankar
- Solid deal for Manmadhudu 2’s non-theatrical rights