When legendary actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan made Vishwaroopam, an espionage thriller based on global terrorism, in 2013, the film was mired in numerous controversies. A handful of religious and political outfits had opposed the film’s release.
However, Kamal is confident that Vishwaroopam 2 will not face any sort of opposition and roadblock ahead of its release on August 10. “I don’t think there will be any issue like that this time,” Kamal said, exuding confidence.
Kamal said that protests to ban Vishwaroopam in 2013 were ‘politically motivated’. “The earlier protest was motivated by a different reason, and did not actually stem from the people who were protesting. That was politics. If there is politics this time, I have taken all steps to handle it. I am prepared to take it on as a politician,” said the Universal Star.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll: Which of these performances of Samantha impressed you the most?
- Koratala takes interesting decision for Chiru’s film
- After Hindi and Tamil, Arjun Reddy to be remade in this language
- Bollywood calls Priya Varrier again
- Noted actor’s daughter to enter politics
- Chief guest confirmed for Maharshi’s 50 days event