Kamal Haasan has always been pushing the boundaries of Indian Cinema – in terms of scale, technology and story telling. He is now going to bring a landmark new technology to our shores and this is the futuristic Auro 3D sound system. Most cinema lovers will be familiar with the Dolby Surround sound system which has either a 5.1 or a 7.1 configuration. But Auro 3D has a 11.1 system and the experience is totally immersive and quite revolutionary. Kamal’s magnum opus ‘Vishwaroopam’ is going to be feature this new technology.
To better understand Auro 3D sound, take a look at the speaker arrangement of a theater that features this technology. The radically different speaker arrangement promises a whole new movie theater experience for viewers. Till now, only celebrated Hollywood filmmaker George Lucas’s ‘Red Tails’ featured this sound technology in mainstream cinema. Kamal’s ‘Vishwaroopam’ will be the second film in the world to use this and this a very proud moment for Indian Cinema.
Technicians from Barco, the firm that created the Auro 3D system, have been flown in to Chennai and they are now working on converting the movie’s sound to the Auro 3D format. This sure is an exciting new direction for our cinema and lets applaud Kamal Haasan’s vision for bringing this to India.
Articles that might interest you:
- Live Updates : Andhra Pradesh Assembly and Lok Sabha Election Results (teluguin.com)
- RX 100 director’s next with young hero back in the news
- Young hero’s mother breaks down after watching Sita
- Aishwarya meme: Vivek Oberoi dropped by charity foundation
- Bollywood actress lands plum role in Christopher Nolan’s Tenet
- Nidhi Aggarwal set for her Tamil debut