Legendary Kollywood actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan is all set to foray into fashion business. Kamal will be launching his fashion label ‘House of Khaddar’ in November. Kamal is aiming to give a global platform to Indian hand-woven clothes and accessories by launching House of Khaddar’s first store in Chicago, USA. The clothing line is designed by noted fashion designer Amritha Ram.
“What we are proud of is that we have chosen a material which made a world political statement for India. Khadi is very closely associated to our history and we take pride in it. From a pure comfort point of view, Khadi is an all-weather textile. It can take on the discontent of the winter as well as the sweat and toil of the summer. Our endeavour is to make Khadi relatable to the young urban market and uplift the weavers and artisans who create this beautiful art,” Kamal said, announcing his entry.
On the work front, Kamal is currently hosting the 5th season of Bigg Boss Tamil. He is simultaneously shooting for the highly-anticipated multi-starrer, Vikram, a Lokesh Kanagaraj directorial that also features Vijay Sethupathi and Fahadh Faasil.
Articles that might interest you:
- Payal Rajput’s latest video is way too bold
- RRR’s Naatu Naatu song amasses 75 million views
- Sammathame’s first single is melodious
- Official – Pushpa’s massive trailer on December 6th
- Bimbisara teaser – Grand and action filled
- Allu Arjun and Samantha to kick-start Pushpa’s special song today