Kamal Haasan has always been vocal about the films he has written and directed. In the past, he shocked everyone by playing ten different roles in Dasavatharam and he did everything he can to promote the film. Although, Dasavatharam didn’t break box office records, it did push Kamal Haasan to think bigger. His upcoming magnum opus Vishwaroopam is a result of his grand plans. The film has been reportedly made with a budget of close to Rs 95 crores and he revealed that he won’t be happy unless the film collects Rs 150 crores. So far, only Rajinikanth’s Endhiran had crossed Rs 100 crores at box office in Tamil Nadu and Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroopam can reach that magic figure only if it does astoundingly well in all three languages. This is the reason why he has been pushing for the film’s premiere on DTH eight hours before the film’s theatrical release. According to analysts, if the DTH plan clicks well, the film might collect Rs 50 crores from its premiere alone since each family with a DTH connection has to pay Rs 1000 to watch the film. The film has been directed, written and produced by Kamal Haasan. Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Rahul Bose have played the lead roles along with Kamal Haasan. Shankar Ehsaan Loy have composed the music and the film’s Tamil version is going to release on January 11, 2013.
Articles that might interest you:
- Director clears the big misconception on Prabhas20
- Noted Hindi actress to play Prabhas’s mom
- Rajamouli, Ajay Devgn’s mutual respect after RRR first day’s shoot
- Poll : Which of these songs from Ala Vaikunthapuramlo had the best choreography?
- Former CM’s son’s next is a bilingual sports drama
- Anil Ravipudi not keen to direct F2’s Bollywood remake