The much awaited sequel to Indian, starring Kamal Haasan, is all set to go on floors later this year. Maverick director Shankar is going to direct the film, and he’s teaming up with Kamal Haasan after more than two decades since Indian released.
Interestingly, it was Kamal Haasan’s tweets that reportedly inspired Shankar to come up with the idea of Indian 2. “I had requested Shankar to allow me to turn it into a franchise several years ago, but he didn’t show much interest. Now, after all these years, when we finally decided to work together, both of us agreed to focus on my political aspirations. I signed Indian 2 with my political career in mind,” Kamal Haasan said in a recent interview.
With the general elections scheduled to be held in 2019, Indian 2 is going to be the perfect launch pad for Kamal Haasan to reach out to a wider audience. The cast and crew is yet to be announced.
- Vote : 8th 123telugu Readers Choice Awards – Best Film of 2018
- Mahesh Babu appreciates F2 teaser
- Vinaya Vidheya Rama’s last song to be shot in Adilabad
- Ram Charan to shake a leg with Bollywood actress
- Whopping budget for Gunasekhar-Rana’s Hiranyakasipa