Trisha is dubbing her own voice for Thiru’s upcoming Tamil film Samar and she seems quite excited about it. This is the fourth time in her ten year old career that she’s dubbing her own lines. In the past, she had dubbed for her roles in Mani Ratnam’s Aayutha Ezuthu, Kamal Haasan starrer Manmadhan Ambu and Ajith starrer Mankatha. Talking about her experience of dubbing, Trisha has credited Kamal Haasan as her inspiration behind dubbing her own voice. “Kamal Sir is d reason I am motivated 2 dub fr all my films..He trained n correctd me evry single day wil i dubbed fr Manmadan.A 1000 thanks!,” she posted on Twitter. Dubbing their own voices is still not a norm for most actresses in the South, even if their mother tongue is the same language in which they are acting in. With more actresses like Trisha, Nayanthara, Samantha, Taapsee, Nithya Menen and few others taking the cue to dub their own voices, it is a positive sign indeed. Samar has Trisha and Vishal in lead roles and it’ll soon be dubbed in Telugu as well. The film is expected to hit the screens in early 2013.
- 2.0’s producer, director donate huge for cyclone victims
- Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake wraps up first schedule
- Temper’s Tamil version’s first look lands in controversy
- Rajinikanth donates big for Cyclone Gaja victims
- Interesting buzz on Samantha’s character in Majili