Kamal Haasan has approached the police in Chennai to lodge a complaint on theatre owners who had been obstructing the release of Vishwaroopam. The controversy surrounding the film’s release has been going on for almost a month ever since Kamal Haasan revealed his plans of airing the film on DTH. Now that he has gone ahead despite several objections from several theatre owners, he has been getting several threat calls that movie would be pirated and power supply to the cinemas screening the will be suspended. He was so furious with these calls that he approached the Assistant DGP in Chennai to lodge a complaint and also met government officials to discuss about the issue.
Meanwhile, the film is slated for release in Andhra Pradesh on January 11. Dasari Narayana Rao is distributing the film in AP. Kamal Haasan has written, directed and produced the film, apart from playing the lead role. Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah and Rahul Bose have also played lead roles. Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy have composed the music.
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry