Having dedicated his entire life to cinema, one would believe that Kamal Haasan has achieved almost all of his goals. With him making it clear that he is going to stop acting in films to channelise his energy into politics, his absence will surely leave a deep void in the minds of movie lovers.
However, going by his recent confession, it looks like he might continue to be associated with cinema, on a broader level. “Even after all these years, I still don’t know why we don’t have a world class film school in Chennai. We have so many wonderful stories to tell and have thousands of aspiring storytellers who want to make movies, but still we are not able to cater to the demand. My dream is set up a film school. I don’t have to necessarily be a teacher, and I believe that it is far more important to create an ecosystem for a world class institution to exist,” Kamal Haasan said.
Of late, the actor has been promoting his upcoming film Vishwaroopam 2 in Chennai, Mumbai, and the team is going to be in Hyderabad on August 2. The film also stars Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah.
- Young actress criticises trolls for spreading fake news
- Yesteryear heroine to play a key role in Maharshi
- Poll : Which among these teaser’s impressed you the most?
- Interview : Sye Raa has been dad’s dream for 12 yrs – Ram Charan
- Pressnote: ‘Nannu Dochukunduvate Overseas release by ShowTime Cinemas’