Ever since the central government revealed that 28% GST tax (Goods and Services Tax) is going to be levied on films, there has been a huge backlash from various quarters of the industry.
While a group of producers met the CM recently in Hyderabad, the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce has taken up the issue on a very serious note. Now, Kamal Haasan has joined the chorus and voiced his opinion in support of the chamber’s fight against GST.
Tickets prices in South are going to increase as soon as GST comes into play and industry insiders opine that it will put a huge burden on small and medium budget films which often struggle to attract the crowds to theatres.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamma Rajyamlo Kadapa Reddlu’s trailer gets a release date
- Balayya and his team playing the clever game
- RRR postponement rumors not bothering Rajamouli
- Sandeep Reddy readies a subject for star hero
- National award winning film lands in major controversy
- Hrithik makes jaw-dropping profits from War!