Ever since the central government revealed that 28% GST tax (Goods and Services Tax) is going to be levied on films, there has been a huge backlash from various quarters of the industry.
While a group of producers met the CM recently in Hyderabad, the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce has taken up the issue on a very serious note. Now, Kamal Haasan has joined the chorus and voiced his opinion in support of the chamber’s fight against GST.
Tickets prices in South are going to increase as soon as GST comes into play and industry insiders opine that it will put a huge burden on small and medium budget films which often struggle to attract the crowds to theatres.
- Tejaswi Madivada to host a comedy show
- Maharshi’s US schedule updates
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan