With the ongoing lockdown in India bringing everything to a standstill, except for essential services, a lot of public and private sectors have taken a huge hit. The economic impact of the lockdown is yet to he ascertained and PM Narendra Modi himself stated that India will face a big financial hurdle; however, for the greater good of public health, the lockdown was seen as a necessary decision.
Meanwhile, several economists and politicians have urged the central government to address the loss of livelihood to the poor and migrant workers all over the country. Soon after the lockdown, thousands of migrant workers, who were living in daily wages, were seen walking on highways to go back to their native places. In an open letter to PM Modi, actor and politician Kamal Haasan has urged the PM to address the situation and provide relief to the daily wage labourers.
The actor also mentioned that he, like everyone else, will follow PM Modi’s instructions to curb the spread of Coronavirus; however, Kamal Haasan said that as a leader of the country, PM Modi needs to a lot more to help the poor and underprivileged.
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) April 6, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Guntur Mirchi teaser – Mehboob Dil Se in action avatar
- Solid new poster of Sanjay Dutt as Adheera from KGF 2 out now
- Twists and turns to engage the audience in Timmarusu
- Maha Samudram’s promotions to kick-start with an intense video
- Radhe Shyam’s big update on the way
- Mallesham filmmaker teams up with Anurag Kashyap for ‘Paka’