Kamal Haasan’s political party Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) is all set to contest in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. The party has decided to contest from all 39 constituencies in Tamil Nadu, apart from one seat in Pondicherry, and Kamal Haasan decided not to forge any alliances at state or national level.
In the past, Kamal Haasan had requested the election commission to allocate a common symbol for the party. Reciprocating to his request, the EC has granted ‘battery torch’ symbol for the party in a notification issued on March 9. The actor-turned-politician was quite pleased with these developments and he took to Twitter to thank the election commission. He also added that his party will try to be a torch bearer for a new era of politics in Tamil Nadu.
Recently, MNM has invited applications from aspiring candidates from various constituencies. And it remains to be seen whom the party choose to contest from various constituencies. Moreover, Kamal Haasan himself is yet to confirm from where he is going to contest in the upcoming elections.
MNM thanks the Election commision for granting us the "Battery Torch" symbol for the forthcoming elections. So appropriate. @maiamofficial will endeavour to be the “Torch-Bearer” for a new era in TN and Indian politics.
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) March 10, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- I’ll be glad to welcome Kalyani into my life again: Surya Kiran
- Chandni Chowdary shuts her troller in a solid manner
- Sankranthi 2021- Fight for more theatres starts between these two biggies
- Allu Arjun’s intro fight in Pushpa to evoke goosebumps
- Lockdown Review : Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare- Hindi film on Netflix
- Not KGF but Sanjay Dutt to shoot for this biggie next?