The man dreams big, and does it big too. Kamal Haasan’s new film – Viswaroopam, with two schedules wrapped up (in Jordan & Chennai) has seen a budget spend of Rs. 55 crores already. By the time the movie is completed the budget might total up to Rs. 120 crores, making it one of the most expensive Indian film produced ever. It is a tri-lingual release – Hindi, Telugu & Tamil. “Kamal tells us that even though Thevar Magan, Aboorva Sahodargal and Dasavatharam are his biggest and most expensive films in the times they were made, Viswaroopam is going to be his biggest till date. If Dasavatharam cost him 10 crore, this one is over 10 times its budget,” says a source close to the unit. Among his many avatars in the film, Kamal plays the roles of a dancer and an Afghan militant also. The next schedule which will be shot in the US commences on 16th December. Kamal is taking extraordinary care to ensure that no working stills of the film are released to the media.
Articles that might interest you:
- Live Updates : Andhra Pradesh Assembly and Lok Sabha Election Results (teluguin.com)
- RX 100 director’s next with young hero back in the news
- Young hero’s mother breaks down after watching Sita
- Aishwarya meme: Vivek Oberoi dropped by charity foundation
- Bollywood actress lands plum role in Christopher Nolan’s Tenet
- Nidhi Aggarwal set for her Tamil debut