Even as he is gearing up for his political entry, legendary actor Kamal Haasan has been making headlines constantly. The actor’s latest comments on the right-wing Hindu groups have cooked up a storm across the country.
Kamal said in his weekly column in a popular Tamil magazine that right-wing Hindus earlier believed in debates, and not force, against people of other religions. “After realizing that their attempts are failing, they have started employing violence,” Kamal said. “This is not a victory or a sign of progress. If we start believing that force will prevail and not truth, then we will all turn into violent beasts,” he wrote.
Kamal went on to say that the attempts by fascists to shift the world towards the right will not succeed. “Destroying agriculture for commercial gains and selling mythology as history are evils they have been tirelessly carrying forward for ages,” he said. As expected, several BJP leaders and Hindu group members are lashing out at Kamal, demanding him to apologize.
- Savyasachi’s shoot to be wrapped up soon
- Nag made Bollywood starlet’s work easy on Devadas’ sets
- Allu Arjun’s film with star director back in the news
- Young director’s first impression on NTR’s new song stuns fans
- Vijay Deverakonda to debut in Bollywood soon