Kangana Ranaut has once again surprised the film fraternity with her firm stand on a petition to draw PM Modi’s attention to the death threats that Deepika Padukone has been receiving. The issue began after several members were shocked when fringe groups threatened to chop off Deepika Padukone’s nose and also kill her over the Padmavati controversy.
To highlight this issue when Shabana Azmi started a petition in support of Deepika, several leading actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Anushka Sharma, Konkana Sen Sharma came out in support of Deepika. However, Kangana Ranaut refused to sign the petition and alleged that she cannot support a feminist movement called “Deepika Bachao” lead by Shabana Azmi, who character assassinated her during her legal battle with Hrithik Roshan.
However, she did add that she completely supports Deepika Padukone, but it’s Shabana Azmi’s involvement that seems to have irked her. Meanwhile, Kangana’s Manikarnika is gearing up for release in summer, 2018.
- This time it is going to be even more special: Ram Charan on RRR
- Allu Arjun throws a lavish party to celebrate Taxiwaala’s success
- Saaho heroine Shraddha Kapoor recovers from dengue
- Venkatesh, Suresh Babu, Rana get a special invite for IFFI – 2018
- Storyline locked for Mahesh-Rajamouli film?