Kangana Ranaut has once again surprised the film fraternity with her firm stand on a petition to draw PM Modi’s attention to the death threats that Deepika Padukone has been receiving. The issue began after several members were shocked when fringe groups threatened to chop off Deepika Padukone’s nose and also kill her over the Padmavati controversy.
To highlight this issue when Shabana Azmi started a petition in support of Deepika, several leading actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Anushka Sharma, Konkana Sen Sharma came out in support of Deepika. However, Kangana Ranaut refused to sign the petition and alleged that she cannot support a feminist movement called “Deepika Bachao” lead by Shabana Azmi, who character assassinated her during her legal battle with Hrithik Roshan.
However, she did add that she completely supports Deepika Padukone, but it’s Shabana Azmi’s involvement that seems to have irked her. Meanwhile, Kangana’s Manikarnika is gearing up for release in summer, 2018.
Articles that might interest you:
- Don’t compare Baahubali with Saaho-Sujeeth
- Megastar Chiranjeevi impressed with young musician
- For now, Harish Shankar clears all doubts
- Sad-This actress has no films in her career
- Kiara Advani to act in yet another web film
- Disha Patani breaks up with boyfriend?