Kareena Kapoor landed in a big controversy after she remarked in an interview that she doesn’t know who Suriya is. Naturally, Suriya’s fans were quite upset with her statement and questioned her how she can be so clueless about Suriya, since some of his films like Ghajini and Singham were remade in Hindi. In fact, Kareena Kapoor herself is playing the lead role in Singham 2 opposite Ajay Devgan.
Responding to the stir that her earlier statement created, Kareena Kapoor said, “It’s true that I have never met him, but I didn’t say that I don’t who he Suriya is. Of course, I know that he’s a big star in Tamil and his films have been remade in Hindi. I would love to work with him, if he acts in a Hindi film in future.” The actress remarked that she was upset that her name was being dragged by some people, who claimed that she is doing an item number in Suriya’s film. “No one has approached me yet,” she said.
Meanwhile, Suriya is busy shooting for his upcoming film, Anjaan in Mumbai. N Lingusamy is directing the film and Samantha is the lead actress.
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation
- Priyanka, Nick Jonas to wed in a royal palace in Jodhpur
- Pawan Kalyan escapes unhurt in a car accident