Karthi’s latest action thriller, Khaidi opened to rave reviews and the film is doing well in both Telugu and Tamil. Directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj, the film has Karthi playing an ex-convict who puts his life in risk to save a group of cops, while he awaits his first meeting with his daughter.
The film left a small hint towards the end that there might be a prequel to the story and the second part of the series could focus on the backstory of the lead character. In a recent interaction, Karthi himself confirmed that there could be a sequel to the film, and Lokesh has reportedly asked Karthi for just 30 days to finish shooting his portion in the sequel.
Currently, Lokesh is busy with his next film with Vijay, Vijay Sethupathi, and Malavika Mohanan, and the film is being shot in Delhi. It remains to be seen when Khaidi 2 might go on floors. More details are awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas-Prashanth Neel collaborate; Here’s a crazy buzz
- Three movies of Rakul Preet to hit OTT soon
- Ananya Panday feels lucky to be acting with Vijay Deverakonda
- Naga Shaurya’s Lakshya trends across India
- Anand Deverakonda keen on doing performance oriented roles
- Boyapati in search of main villain for Balayya