Films and politics often go hand in hand and this is much more relevant in the Tamil film industry, where several high profile films often get caught in a series of political controversies. Latest to join the fray is Karthi’s ‘Komban’.
Recently, a popular leader belonging to a pro-Dalit group filed a case in Madras High Court against the film’s release, saying that the film is based on caste clashes and that it will ignite violence with its pro-Thevar theme.
While the court reserved its verdict, the entire Tamil film industry stood in the support of ‘Komban’ team and the film is finally releasing today amidst uncertainty and threats of boycott by political groups.
- Amar Akbar Anthony’s intriguing pivot raises curiosity
- For the first time, Mythri Movie Makers to bankroll a low budget film
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 23-09-2018
- Tejaswi Madivada to host a comedy show
- Maharshi’s US schedule updates