After Khakee, Karthi and Rakul Preet are teaming up once again for Dev. This romantic entertainer is touted as the most expensive film in Karthi’s career. The film is being made with a budget of over Rs 50 crores. However, Dev’s producers have lost over Rs 1.50 crore due to the recent floods in Manali, Himachal Pradesh.
It’s been reported earlier that Dev’s team, including Karthi and Rakul, was stranded in the Manali flash floods. The schedule was stalled abruptly and the entire team was brought back to Chennai safely. Due to the cancellation of the schedule, the producers had to lose Rs 1.50 crores.
Currently, Dev’s schedule is underway in Pune. Debutant Rajat Ravi Shankar is directing the film and Lakshman Kumar is producing it. Harris Jayaraj is the film’s music composer. Dev is slated for release in December last week.
- ASVR is Tollywood’s 3rd highest grosser in UAE
- After TFI, now Kollywood vows to safeguard women in the industry
- Balayya pays tributes to Harikrishna at ASVR’s success function
- Singer Sunitha’s daughter makes her debut with Savyasachi
- Plagiarism charges against AR Murugadoss yet again