Power Star Pawan Kalyan’s Katamarayudu was sold at exorbitant prices in all areas in the twin Telugu states and in overseas. While the movie’s collections are average in the two Telugu states, the movie seems to be struggling hard at the overseas box-office.
Even though Katamarayudu has entered into the one million dollar club in the US by grossing close to 6.70 crores so far, the movie has to collect huge to land its buyers into profits.
Katamarayudu’s overseas rights were sold for a whopping 11.50 crores and another 50 lakhs were approximately spent on promotions, making it a 12 crore investment approximately.
The film being an out and out mass entertainer with too little to offer for overseas family audiences and the initial mixed reviews are the main reasons behind the US audience not rushing to watch the movie in huge numbers.
With the weekend coming to an end, the movie may hardly collect another 1.50 to 2 crores in the coming weeks and the buyers are staring at huge losses unless a miracle steers the catastrophe away.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ram Charan’s dance off with Sania Mirza goes viral
- Poll : Which of these teasers impressed you the most?
- Salman Khan’s heroine eagerly waiting for Telugu offers
- Rana joins the shoot of Virata Parvam
- Pratiroju Pandage’s pre-release event to be held on this date
- Parasuram finally confirms his new film