A R Muragadoss’s Kaththi, has been caught up in all the wrong news, starting from the agitation by a few Tamil groups demanding to ban the movie and a defamation case being filed for references about 2G scam in the movie. In line with the saying “There is no such thing as bad publicity”, Kaththi managed to take humongous openings worldwide and is now fast racing towards joining the 100cr club.
When everything seems to be going fine, a small time writer named Gopi had alleged Muragadoss of plagiarism. In an interview to a local Tamil channel, Gopi spoke at length about the way he conceived the idea of the movie and the incidents that influenced him to come up with this concept. Though Muragadoss or Vijay were not available for comment, it is being expected that they could be filing a defamation case against Gopi for wrongly maligning their movie and the creative genius.
It is interesting to note that Gopi also alleged that the story of “Madras”, a recent super hit Tamil film featuring Karthi, is also copied from one of his short stories. Meanwhile, Kaththi is making a killing at the box office and is all set to release in Telugu as well.
Articles that might interest you:
- Monal Gajjar bags a big item number?
- I’ll forever feel guilty to be alive: Yashika Anand’s tearful goodbye to her friend
- After Bollywood, Nabha Natesh to debut in Kollywood
- Akira’s Bo Staff video makes fans recollect vintage Pawan memories
- Maruthi wants to do an animation film with Allu Arjun
- Nagarjuna to enter jam-packed Sankranthi race?